The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever ~ do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalms 138:8



A Legacy


Yesterday Bob and I took my Mom to visit Bob's Mom for 'Hawaiian Day' at the home. We also took Jacob along to give S&P a chance to catch-up on household chores....any time spent with the grand babies is a good time.

On the way home we were talking about my Dad....reminiscing with my Mom. We were saying how much he would have enjoyed seeing our kids having kids, buying houses, remodelling, getting on with life. Dad was an entrepreneur extraordinaire....but he never even saw Cranberry Creek. ..he would have loved it. My thoughts wandered to what other character attribute I have inherited from him....and what gifts or legacies he has left for us.

The greatest legacy was his decision to accept Christ as his personal savior. I can only imagine how different my life would have been if he had not. I was four years old when my Mom and Dad began to take us faithfully to church; it was shortly after when God revealed himself to that little girl and I, too accepted Jesus into my heart.

Because of my Dad's decision, I was introduced to Jesus; surrounded by Godly people who nurtured and encouraged my walk with the Lord; found a Godly man who became my wonderful husband. We have tried to live our lives and establish our home on God's principles; our children accepted Christ at an early age, and have now begun to establish their homes with Christ as the corner stone....all because of my Dad's decision. I can't think of one decision with greater ripple effects than the decision to serve the Lord. Thanks, Dad, for making a great decision. Thanks, Mom for following Dad's lead, and thanks, too, to Mom and Dad Mac for their commitment to Christ and their example to us. (They, too have a story I'll share another time)

Thank you Father God for loving us so much that you gave your son, thank you Jesus for saving us from our sin and thank you Holy Spirit for drawing us unto yourself.

::Family
::Heritage
::Legacy

::Blessings made still richer when God is the center of our lives::

Lord, may I create a legacy for my children with ripple effects into generations to come.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Having the legacy of Christ in the generations of our families is priceless. I think that you and Uncle Bob had great parental examples and you have been so to your children. They have already been examples to theirs and will continue to be. All starting with your parents but also because YOU decided at a young age to accept HIM and CONTINUE to walk with HIM! Praise the Lord!