The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever ~ do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalms 138:8



I was thinking about my garden....the swale in the backyard....and how I have struggled to grow anything down there. It has been shaded by the fence, tall evergreens and growing maples so it limits greatly what will grow there at all; and even what is shade loving doesn't do well because it is also very dry....(I'm not the best at watering). There was alot of dirt in between the plants that just produced a crop of unrelenting weeds.
This past year though, our neighbors cut down a couple of huge trees, and what was once hidden from the sun is now washed in it for part of the day. What a difference it has made! This spring, all of a sudden, I have shrubs flowering that had all but forgotten how; I have others that had fallen on the ground now perked up and reaching for the sun; still others that looked weak and spineless but now are straight and strong. The groundcover has grown so much....it has filled in the bare spots and the weeds have all but disappeared.

How often have I placed limits on my life by keeping things in the dark, and by not adding the water of the word more frequently?
How often have I kept something hidden from the Son?
How has that lack of Sonlight affected my growth or hindered my production of flowers or fruit?
How often has it caused me to fall on my face or made me spineless and weak?
How often has the lack of Sonshine caused bare spots to allow sinfulness to creep in?


Lord, I pray that you will help me to expose everything in my day to day life to your light, help me to always recognize that you are my source.

Remind me, Lord, that doing anything without your light will produce a pitiful plot in comparison to what you have planned for those who seek you first.

I want to grow strong, bearing much fruit...I want to be a beautiful garden for you.

Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! 2 Peter 3:18

Enjoy your garden today....be blessed, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joanne - good post. Good thoughts. I was thinking about Billy Graham today and how close he is to the Kingdom ... I imagine him just walking right in to God's presence and wonder just how my life compares to someone of his calling. I know we can't compare but we do need to constantly cut away the things that keep us "in the dark." So that we can really begin to grow. Great thoughts! I know your post has nothing to do with Billy Graham - just thought I'd share that with you. Kind of random thinking here - but you get what I mean I'm sure. Thanks friend!