The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever ~ do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalms 138:8



Vacation - Part Three - The Cape


As we continued touring the North Eastern States we drove up to the Poconos. I had poured over Bridal magazines over 35 years ago....dreaming of a Poconos' honeymoon. I finally got there! It was a bit overstated in my mind, but it was just as both of us had imagined.....rolling hills - quiet and serene. We stayed at a very old hotel, The Pocono Mountain Resort.

We drove the next day back down towards the coast and to stay in Madison, Connecticut. The beach was gorgeous, the town quaint, and the time relaxing. We felt very blessed to be able to spend so much time just poking around and having time to see new places without feeling rushed or on a schedule.


As always, I took lots of photos of the houses and gardens there....I loved the way they used bright, white shells instead of rocks to cover their driveways.

The next day we continued further east as far as Chatham, Cape Cod. We stayed in South Yarmouth at our favorite B&B so far, The Belvedere. The owner's were christians, and they made us very comfortable....it was great to chat with someone with Christ as our common bond.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tawn said...

Auntie Jo ... your pics are stunning and you and Uncle Bob look so well rested ... although I am beyond jealous *grin*, I know that it's not my time yet *bigger grin*.

But. We're off to the Carribean in a few weeks, after 15 days in Phoenix - leaving next week. So I can't really complain *grin*.