The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever ~ do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalms 138:8



DYI - revealed

A few months ago we started this project...it has been finished for a while but it has just taken me some time to get around to posting photos.

So here's the story....we had a guest room that was seldom used (we have a suite in the basement that is well used) and Bob and I have been under-closet-ed for years. The plan was to turn the bedroom right next to ours into a closet/change room....since we are by ourselves for the most part, it's really not a big deal to cross the hall to our closet. The room isn't very large, and the Ikea closet systems are...so it took a while for us to decide if this really was a good idea or not.

Before After

But at the end of the day, we are very pleased with the added space....and with the added space comes the bonus of greater organization....I know at a glance where everything is.

Before After


I found this adorable chandelier at Home Depot....I wee bit glam for Bob, but he's manly enough to get over it.
We took down the bigger antique ironing board, and bought a smaller one to hang on the back of the door. Bob rigged up the iron on the side of the cabinet, away from sight but ready to use at a moment's notice.

One of my favorite features is the pant hanger thingy....it holds almost 30 pairs of pants/skirts/capris/shorts....and rolls out for you to see them all....LOVE IT!

The closet in the new closet room was my 'Martha gift wrap closet' but we've transferred that to another room, and now I have a closet designated only for my shoes.....I know it looks a wee bit excessive, but some of these shoes are more than 10 years old, and I still wear them....that is almost down right frugal, don't ya think?!