The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever ~ do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalms 138:8



Waikiki Recap

Ya, ya, ya....I know...it's been WAY TOO long since my last post. Sorry...things have just been hectic around here, and sitting at the computer has been low on my priority list.

That being said....I love blogging and have missed you...so please drop me a comment to say you were here!
So on to the vacation shots......we decided to go to Waikiki instead of our usual Maui. Price being the biggest factor. I wasn't too sure we would enjoy it (the last few times we've been there it was not what we were looking for in a vacation) But I was pleasantly surprised, and we had a wonderful, restful time. We stayed at the Ilikai at the north end of the beach....it was quiet, but close to the action if we wanted it. Our room was lovely...on the 20th floor with sunset views....we would highly recommend the spot.
(click on the photos for a closer look)
We rented a car for a couple of days and drove around the island....again, just so relaxing. Stopped at Turtle Bay Resort for lunch.

Hanama Bay to snorkel.....although snorkelling in front of our hotel was just as fun and alot less busy. On the days we didn't have a car, we took the city bus....to the Aloha Tower and Fisherman's wharf, Honolulu downtown and Chinatown. We drove to the Punchbowl on Memorial Day.....there were flags placed on every single grave...I love how patriotic Americans are.

A fisherman just up from the Ko'Olina Resort