The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever ~ do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalms 138:8



September has arrived



And with it a cool weather front.....we woke up to rain this morning, and it just felt like a day to spend hunkered down.  On days like this I just get the urge to bake, read a book, turn the fire on.  I love the change in seasons...even though I don't want to say goodbye to sunshine and long summer days....there is something warm and cozy about rainy days.  (Spoken as a true born n' bred Vancouverite)

We spent the weekend at a lovely family wedding....more of that to come shortly.
Hope you had a great long weekend, dear friends!

4 comments:

Christy said...

All you strange people and your love of rainy days...I want summer back! But I love the new header, it's beautiful and very you!

Carolee said...

LOVE Fall!! And I agree - first gray, rainy day at the beginning of September, gotta bake!

Sandra Millsap said...

I'm with you Joanne! We are finally getting some much needed rain and I don't mind it a bit! I fact, I'm about to make some tea, grab a stick of shortbread and sit on the back porch with a good book...aahh. Wish you were here to sit on the porch with me and visit like old friends.

I've been so behind on blogging so I spent a few minutes browsing your previous posts. Love all your pictures! Cannon Beach looks very much like the scenes from "The Goonies", which happens to be one of my family's favorite movies. We've always said it would be fun to visit the Oregon coast. Maybe someday!

Hope you have a great week! Mr. Earl Grey is calling my name!

Lisa B. said...

Whoo hoot! Welcome fall and all the loveliness it brings: baking, rainy days, comfort food, cozy sweaters, fireplaces, Pumpkin Spice Lattes and so much more!